Welcome to the Counseling Department
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, all of our counseling services will be delivered remotely via phone, webcam or email.
If you are part of a Special Program, contact your program counselor.
Need to meet with one of our counselors? Please choose one of the following methods:
- Please review our May 2021 Drop In Schedule
- If you log in outside of operating hours you will receive an email asking you log in again during operating hours. We are closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Most questions/concerns that do not require paperwork can be handled on drop-in. If possible please be sure you have internet access as the counselor will likely ask you to log into your account during your session.
If you are experiencing trouble scheduling a 30-minute appointment, log into Drop-In during scheduled hours or email Esther Castaneda at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Jones at email@example.com.
More complex questions/concerns or issues that require paperwork (ie. education plan), can be addressed during a 30 minute appointment.
- Available Monday - Thursday 8:00am-6:30pm and Friday 8:00am-4:00pm.
- The counselor will contact you at the phone number on file at your scheduled appointment. Please make sure your contact information is up to date on your myGav student portal. Allow 5-10 minutes before or after your scheduled appointment time. You can let the counselor know if you prefer to speak to them via phone or in real-time using Cranium Cafe.
- If drop-in counseling or a 30-minute appointment will not work for you, you can send us your question/concern and a counselor will respond to you via email.
- Probation & Dismissal counseling must be conducted via 30-minute appointments (preferred) or Drop-in counseling.
- Please be sure to include your Gavilan ID number (unless you do not have one yet) in your request and to be detailed so the counselor is able to address all elements of your questions/concerns.
- You can expect an email response from a counselor within 48 business hours. Emails sent Friday afternoon or over the weekend will be responded to the following week as weekends and holidays are observed.