Important: If you haven't been enrolled for two consecutive semesters please complete a new college application BEFORE making an appointment with a counselor. In order to schedule an appointment for Gavilan's Counseling services, a G# is required. In order to obtain a G# you must apply for admission.
Need help? We are here for you!
The professional counselors at Gavilan College provide academic, career, vocational, transfer, and personal counseling. We can help you choose the right classes for your major, decide on your educational goals, find your ideal career path, transfer to a 4-year college, or work through difficult personal issues.
If you have any questions or concerns about school, work, or life—come in and talk to us! Appointments are required for educational plans, transcript evaluation, and graduation petitions
It’s easy to meet with a counselor. Review the Specialized Counseling section carefully to ensure you are scheduling an appointment with the appropriate counselor. If you need to see a general counselor, check Location and Service Hours for a current schedule. You can schedule an appointment online or call our office at (408) 852-2895 or (408) 848-4723. We are located in the Student Services Building near Admissions and Records. Schedule a Counseling Appt.
- Programs such as EOPS or CalWORKs serve students who are eligible for Financial Aid Fee Waivers, Financial Aid or are receiving public assistance. Call 408-848-4740 for a counseling appointment.
- Athletics has a dedicated counselor who will serve current and interested athletes. Call 408-848-4880
- Students eligible for or enrolled in Math 400, 402, 411,430, 240, or 235 AND/OR English 440, 420, 250, 260, or ESL courses must call the Basic Skills Counselor: Vania Parakati 408-852-2889 or use this link: Basic Skills Counselor
- Students interested in or pursuing majors in Engineering, Math, Science, or Technology call the STEM counselor: Diana Gonzalez 408-852-2844
- Interest in or pursuing majors in Nursing, Child Development, Digital Media, Business, Water Management, Aviation, Administration of Justice, Cosmetology, or Computer Science must schedule an appointment with the Career Technical Education Counselor
- Veteran's can schedule a counseling appointment with Dewitt Stuckey by calling 408-852-2837
- Prospective students with a high school IEP or students who can benefit from receiving learning or physical accommodations can call the AEC counselor at 408-848-4741
- Students interested in ESL or GED preparation courses call the Non-Credit counselor: 408-848-4726
- Foster Youth students can call the Foster Youth counselor: 408-848-4740
- Contact the Online Counselor(requires Gav ID and email)
- Submit questions online and get answers via email within 2 business days;
- Limited services available online
The Gavilan College Counseling Department faculty adheres to the Ethical Standards published by the American Counseling Association.