Are you ready to graduate?
Spring 2022 Graduation Petitions due Friday April 15th
If you are planning to complete a Certificate or an Associate Degree by the end of the term, you must meet with a counselor to complete a graduation petition by the required deadline.
- Fall Graduation Petitions are due at the beginning of October.
- Spring Graduation Petitions are due at the beginning of April.
To verify that you have met the requirements for graduation and to complete a graduation petition, please schedule an appointment with a counselor at www.gavilan.edu/counseling. If you are part of a Special Program, please meet with your program counselor.
Below are the fillable graduation applications you will complete with a counselor.
- Gavilan GE Graduation Petition: Petition for AA/AS degree following Gavilan GE pattern. Also use to petition for CA/CP
- CSU GE Graduation Petition: Petition for AA/AA-T/AS/AS-T degree following CSU GE pattern
- IGETC Graduation Petition: Petition for AA/AA-T/AS/AS-T degree following IGETC pattern
- CSU/IGETC Certificate: Petition for CSU or IGETC Certificate
Graduation Ceremony/Commencement: May 27, 2022
You must have completed a Petition for Graduation by April 15th with a Counselor to Participate in Commencement.
- In order to participate in Commencement, RSVP to Reserve your Seat by May 22, 2022
- Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 graduates will be invited to participate in the graduation ceremony/commencement.
- Graduation Petitions received after April 15th will be processed, but students' name will not be printed on the graduation program.
- Purchase your Cap and Gown at the Online Bookstore or at the Gilroy Campus Bookstore In Person
- 6 guest passes and 2 vehicle passes (including the student's vehicle) will be given to each graduate
- COVID Vaccination is highly encouraged for graduates and their guests
- Students can choose their rehearsal date as part of the RSVP Process. Rehearsals will be held on:
- May 24th at 3pm
- May 25th at 10am
- Note: GECA graduates do not need to attend rehearsal
- For additional information about rehearsal, contact Ryan Shook at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduates and guests that need Special Accommodations may request those through the RSVP Process.
For the most current information about about the Graduation Ceremony and next steps, visit the Commencement Webpage
Join Us for Gavilan College Signing Day: May 5, 2022
College Signing Day is an opportunity to celebrate and acknowledge your hard work, determination, and the barriers you overcame to have the opportunity to transfer to a university. National College Signing Day is on May 1st. Gavilan College is celebrating this momentous occasion on Thursday, May 5, 2022 from 11am-2pm on the Gilroy campus. Learn more about College Signing Day: https://www.bettermakeroom.org/collegesigningday/
We are looking forward to celebrating your accomplishment by joining us for Signing Day.