Financial Aid & Scholarship Services
The Gavilan College Financial Aid & Scholarships department is here to help you find ways to pay for college tuition and related expenses. There are many types of Financial Aid available. Depending on your income and other factors, you may qualify for federal or state grants, tuition waivers, work-study jobs, or educational loans. There are also many different scholarships, which are not usually dependent on financial need.
Apply today to find out what assistance is available for you!
Drop for Non Payment Date for Fall Term 2019: July 31, 2019
1) If your balance due is $55 or less, you will not be dropped from Fall 2019 classes.
2) If your total balance due is $56 or above, you will be dropped from Fall 2019 classes on 07/31/2019.
3) Summer 2019 classes will not be dropped for nonpayment.
4) Review your My Gav portal to confirm and/or pay account balance so you are not dropped!
Financial Aid Process
Apply for federal and state financial aid:
- Complete the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application, beginning January 1 for upcoming Fall Term
- Complete GPA verification form if necessary
- File for Cal Grants by March 2
The Student Aid Report will be sent to you once your FAFSA is processed.
Gavilan College receives FAFSA data (only if school was listed) from the U.S. Department of Education. A Fee Waiver may be awarded, if you qualify.
Gavilan College will send a letter requesting any additional documents. If it appears you are not eligible for a PELL grant, you will be sent a denial letter.
Return all required forms to the Financial Aid office in a timely manner. Your file will be reviewed, any discrepancies will be resolved, and your eligibility will be determined.
If you are eligible for Financial Aid, you will receive an award letter. Grant checks will be sent shortly after award letters.
Help Filing Your Application is Available!
Visit the Welcome Center for assistance from Gavilan student mentors for help filing CCC Apply, FAFSA, Dream Application, register for classes, find classrooms, and more! No appointment is required.
Follow Us on Social Media