COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL
The health and safety of our campus remain our highest priority, and together we can follow these steps to keep our campus community safe:
DO NOT COME TO CAMPUS IF YOU ARE SICK.
If you have any common symptom of COVID-19, Do Not Come to Campus except to visit the drop-in COVID-19 testing site.
REPORT POSITIVE COVID-19 CASES OR EXPOSURES.
To assist with contact tracing and prevent the spread of COVID-19, report all COVID-19 positive cases and exposure involving staff, faculty, and students using the confidential and secure COVID-19 Reporting Form.
Testing is available through Virus Geeks and consists of a self-swab test. Results are typically available within 2 days but might be delayed during peak, high demand time periods. Please provide your Gavilan ID number or present your Gavilan badge for identification purposes. This is a walk-up site with no appointment necessary. Please remember to follow all safety protocols including wearing a mask while on campus for testing.
Testing For All Students and Employees:
Location: North/South Lounge - Located behind the Student Center
Date/Times: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10am to 3pm
Testing for Student Athletes and Coaches Only
Location: Gym Hallway
Date/Times: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Employees should self report to their supervisor or the HR department if:
- Test Positive for COVID-19
- Experience COVID-19 symptoms
- Have possible COVID-19 exposure through close contact
- Employees with COVID-19 symptoms should stay home and get tested
- View the Testing and Isolation Protocols
- View the California Department of Public Health Guidelines
Under Cal OHSA regulations, employees may voluntarily request the use of an N95 respirator for additional COVID-19 protective measures. However, the District is required to provide training to employees who request the use of respirators prior to the employee using them.
- Go to the Keenan Safe Colleges website at: https://gavilan-keenan.safecolleges.com/
- Enter your Gavilan ID number
- Scroll down to the “Interested in Extra Training?” section and click on “View Library”.
- Click on “Policy” then click on “Cal/OSHA Voluntary Use of Filtering Facepiece Respirators Training Video.
- Click on the arrow under “To continue, please select a course version” then click on “start course”.
Gavilan College status:
- Fall 2021 classes were primarily online. Student services are available both online and on campus.
- When face-to-face instruction takes place, it will be in accordance with appropriate practices for sanitizing and social distancing in accordance with public health guidelines.
- If classes have a synchronous component, that is, required online meetings at a specific day and time, these are listed in the Fall schedule of classes
- It is important to check your college email and the Gavilan College website daily during this time.
September 29, 2021 - Town Hall Event - Mandatory Vaccinations
On September 14, 2021, the Gavilan College Governing Board approved Board and Administrative Policy requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for employees and students.
Board Policies on COVID-19
Student Policy on COVID-19 vaccinations:Board Policy 5210 Communicable Diseases
Administrative Policy 5210 Communicable Diseases
Employee Policy on COVID-19 vaccinations:Board Policy 7330 Communicable Diseases
Administrative Policy 7330 Communicable Diseases
Combined: Employee/Student Policy on COVID-19 vaccinations:Combined
COVID-19 Positive Cases
To date there have been 39 reported cases on campus, the last reported case was on February 7, 2022.