Check here for information on Gavilan's Guided Pathways planning.
Stay connected with the NEW Guided Pathways Newsletter GP Connect
The California Community College Chancellor's Office has recently released the Vision for Success: Strengthening the California Community Colleges to Meet California’s Needs, which emphasizes a "commitment [to]the Guided Pathways initiative, a five-year, $150-million project aimed at engaging administrators, faculty and staff to enact comprehensive changes so that all courses are designed as part of a coherent pathway with a clear outcome".
For too many community college students, reaching completion goals is often a “dream deferred.” They face a bewildering number of choices and often take courses they don’t need, resulting in an average of five or more years spent reaching transfer-readiness, or debt accrued and no degree or certificate earned. To remedy this problem, more colleges are restructuring their programs into guided pathways.
Pathway Design Principles:
- Ensure students know requirements for success
- Minimize time required to prepare for college
- Accelerate entry into coherent programs of study
- Customize and contextualize instruction
- Integrate student supports with instruction
- Leverage technology to improve learning and program delivery
- Continually monitor student progress and provide proactive guidance
- Reward behaviors that contribute to completion
Student Success Scorecard
The California Community College Chancellor’s Office provides this resource for colleges to access recent student success data.