Gavilan College has contracted with Credentials Solutions to provide transcript order, printing, and delivery service.
Transcripts with grades for the most current completed semester will not be available until at least three weeks after the end of that semester (if your grades have been submitted).
A CSU GE/ IGETC Certification may be requested as part of the Transcript ordering process. Follow the instructions below and you will have the opportunity to select this option when placing your order.
Ordering Transcripts Online
Current Students may view Unofficial Transcripts or request Official Transcripts through the myGav Student tab. Choose Unofficial Transcript or Order Gavilan Official Transcript under the My Records section. Official transcripts requested through myGav do not require a signature page faxed to Credentials Inc.
Previous students without access to myGav, please click the link below to order transcripts. (Online requests made directly through Credentials Solutions may require a signature page if your personal information cannot be authenticated.)
All students -- To check the status of a transcript order placed online, click link below.
If you don't know your PIN
If you haven't attended Gavilan for awhile and do not have or do not know your Gavilan ID number, please follow the link below to view your unofficial transcript.
Gavilan College has appointed Credentials Solutions as the designated agent for processing and sending official electronic transcripts on behalf of Gavilan College. The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company’s website that is provided during the delivery process. Credentials Solutions has been granted the authority to deliver all such electronic transcript requests on behalf of Gavilan College and respond to any inquiries regarding the transactions.
Advantages to Ordering Transcripts Online:
- Expedite your order
- Authorize and process your credit card payment
- Facilitate the authorization to release student records as required by law
- Provide e-mail or fax communication while your order is being processed
- Provide operator assistance from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CST) Monday through Thursday, and 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CST) on Friday, by calling 847.716.3005 for help.
- Allow you to submit your request any time day or night
- Confirmation e-mail sent when transcript order is complete
Please Note: There is a $7.00 charge for each transcript after the first two, which are free.
In-Person Transcript Pickup
Pick-up Requests may be ordered online.
Pick-up Hours: Admissions & Records is open the following hours. Evening pickup may be arranged in advance.
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fridays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
NOTE: You must bring a photo ID to pick up the transcript. On the order form you may designate someone other than yourself to pick up your transcripts.
Fees and Processing Times for Online Requests
Wherever possible, an electronic transcript will be sent to our college partners accepting these transcript formats. Others will be mailed.
Processing Time: 2 to 3 working days after the order is authorized
Fees: Each transcript costs $7.00 per copy.
NOTE: Students are allowed 2 free transcripts; after that each transcript costs $7. To request a free copy, fax or mail your transcript request to Gavilan College Admissions (information below).
FedEx Rush Delivery: Transcripts may be delivered through FedEx. The Standard Overnight service is: Domestic 48 is $18 FedEx fee; Alaska & Hawaii is $21 FedEx fee and International is $41 FedEx fee.
First Two Transcripts Free
Each student is eligible for two free transcripts. This does not mean that each time you place an order for transcripts the first two copies are free - it means that the very first two are free and after that you pay $7.00 each time you request a transcript. If you are eligible for a free transcript, you must submit a Transcript Request Form directly to the Admissions & Records office. These transcripts will be handled manually--please allow 4 to 6 working days to process. Processing time may be delayed if ordered during peak periods (end of term grading). All free transcripts are mailed regular first class. (For all other transcript requests, please order your transcripts online to ensure quick turnaround from our partner Credentials Solutions).
Send or fax request to:
Gavilan College Admissions and Records Office
5055 Santa Teresa Blvd.
Gilroy, CA 95020
Important Information to Know
- Transcript will NOT be processed unless all outstanding obligations to Gavilan College are cleared.
- Transcript will NOT be processed without student's signature or online authentication.
- Work-in-Progress will automatically be included for currently enrolled courses.
- End-of-semester requests are accepted ONLY DURING FINALS WEEK OR LATER.
- Only Gavilan College grades are issued.
- Multiple transcripts to be sent to the same recipient will be packaged in a large envelope, but will be individually sealed inside.
- In accordance with the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), student written authorization and a copy of a valid photo ID with a signature is REQUIRED to release transcripts in person.
Please call 408 848-4733 if you need more information.
You will want to check that your most current grades are included by viewing your unofficial transcript on myGav. You may request a transcript pending these grades. End-of-semester requests are accepted only during finals week or later.
The Schedule of Classes is available on the Main Campus, at the Hollister and Morgan Hill sites, local libraries and other public locations throughout South Santa Clara and San Benito Counties. If you live outside this area or would like to order a Schedule of Classes, call 408 848-4735.
Gavilan College Catalogs can be viewed online. They are also available at the Gavilan College Bookstore on the Main Campus in Gilroy, or by mail. For U.S. addresses the cost is $4.00. For foreign mailing the cost is $10.00.
For Transcript questions, e-mail Jose Morales at JMorales@gavilan.edu