Apply for Admission
How to Apply
To apply for admission to Gavilan College, you need to fill out the online application form.
Before you fill out the Application, please read the following tips:
- We strongly recommend that you provide your social security number on the application. This will enable you to retrieve your myGAV login quicker, apply for financial aid, and claim the education tax credit that you will be eligible for.
- If you are a temporary/permanent resident, be prepared to provide the INS number from your residency card.
- International students should not use the online application. Please see the International Students page for additional information on how to apply.
- Before submitting your application, be sure to check for accuracy. Any mistakes or missing information will delay the processing of your application.
- Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application. The actual processing time of your application may take up to 3 business days (excluding weekends and holidays).
- After your application has been processed, you will receive e-mail with more information on how to obtain your Gavilan ID number and PIN.
- Students currently enrolled in High School must also complete a High School Contract form.
- Click here to go to the CCCApply Online Application.
- New Students (new to college) and Transfer Students:
You must complete the online admission application.
- Continuing Students:
If you are currently enrolled at Gavilan, you do not need to submit another application.
- Returning Students:
If you have been absent for two semesters or more, you need to complete a new online admission application.
- High School Students:
Complete an online admission application and refer to the High School Student Information page for further instructions on the admission process.
- International Students:
DO NOT complete the online admission application. Please refer to the International Student Admission Information page for information on admission to Gavilan College.
- Spanish-Speaking Students:
The Spanish-language Solicitud de Admisión is available as a PDF file (download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view).