CCPG - Academic Requirements
California Community College students receiving the California College Promise must meet minimum academic and progress standards to maintain eligibility for the California College Promise Grant.
If you are considering applying for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG), please review the Academic and Progress Standards listed below to ensure you do not lose your fee waiver.
Maintain cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 or higher over two consecutive semesters (Fall, Spring).
If your cumulative GPA falls below 2.00 for two consecutive primary terms (Fall, Spring) you will lose your fee waiver eligibility.
Complete more than 50% of coursework attempted over two consecutive primary terms (Fall, Spring).
If the cumulative number of credits you successfully complete is not more than 50 percent in two consecutive primary semesters, you will lose your fee waiver eligibility.
Combination of Academic and Progress Standards
Any combination of two consecutive semesters of cumulative GPA below 2.00, and/or cumulative credit completion that is not more than 50 percent will result in loss of fee waiver eligibility.
- Foster youth under the age of 24 are exempt from new Title 5 regulations, and will not be subject to loss of CCPG Tuition Waiver based on academic, progress standards.
- Students will be able to appeal the loss of CCPG Tuition Waiver based on extenuating circumstances.
Determining Consecutive Enrollment: The Chancellor's Office has released a flow chart with various scenarios related to consecutive enrollment, and if loss of BOG applies. Determining Consecutive Enrollment
- Gavilan Catalog: Fall 2016 Changes to CCPG (formerly BOG)
- Brochure (English): BOG Brochure
- Brochure (Spanish): BOG Brochure (espanol)