The Gavilan Promise Program is designed to provide first-time college students with access to an affordable higher education, and to increase college going and completion rates in our service area.
Download the printable handout.
How To Apply
- Promise is open to first time college students.
- You must be a California resident or have AB 540 status.
- Apply to Gavilan normally, and include your high school GPA and Math and English grades.
- Apply for Financial Aid. (Either the FAFSA or CA Dream Act.)
- View your placement results, by either:
- Complete the Online Orientation for new students.
- Enroll in, and complete at least 12 units in Fall and Spring terms.
Gavilan's Commitment to You
- Comprehensive academic support services.
- Free-tuition as first-time to college student for up to 2 years.
- Textbook Grant.
- Priority registration (group 2).
- Quality academic advising and development of Education Plan.
- Progress monitoring to ensure your continued success.
Your Commitment to Gavilan
- Utilize academic support services.
- Complete an Education Plan.
- Monitor your progress by getting progress reports from your instructors.
- Attend regular meetings with your counselor.
- Connect with a Peer Mentor.
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 with at least 12 units each semester.
For more information call 408-848-4727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org