Gavilan College Promise Program
Gavilan College Promise
The Gavilan Promise Program is designed to provide first-time college students with access to an affordable higher education, and to increase college going and completion rates in our service area.
- First-time to college students
- California resident or AB 540 status
- Complete Gavilan CCC Apply application
- File fully processed FAFSA or Dream Act application
- Complete online orientation
- Enroll in, & complete, at least 12 units Fall & Spring terms
Awards will be made on a first-come, first served basis dependent on the availability of funds, beginning May 5, 2019 when Summer & Fall registration begins!
- GAVILAN’S COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- Comprehensive academic support services for your success!
- Free-tuition as first-time to college student, who has filed FAFSA or Dream Act application
- Textbook Grant of $200
- Priority registration, group 2
- Quality academic advising and development of Education Plan
- Progress monitoring to ensure your continued success!
- YOUR COMMITMENT:
- Utilizing academic support services
- Monitoring your progress: Speaking with your instructors for completion of Progress Report each semester
- Meeting with your counselor to: Review your completed Progress Report
- Complete an Education Plan if you haven’t done so!
- Connecting with a Peer Mentor
- Earning a minimum GPA of 2.0 with minimum of 12 units
For more information call 408-848-4727
or email email@example.com