Welcome to the Counseling Department
Your Voice Matters! Take this quick survey to provide your feedback.
You can meet with a Counselor by selecting one of the options below:
- Drop-In services are 10-15 minute sessions available Monday - Friday, 8:30am-12:30pm. We are closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Most questions/concerns that do not require paperwork can be handled on drop-in. If possible, please be sure you have internet access as the counselor will likely ask you to log into your account during your session.
If you are experiencing trouble scheduling a 30-minute appointment, log into Drop In Counseling by Phone during scheduled hours or email Esther Castaneda at email@example.com or call her at 408-852-2895.
- More complex questions/concerns or issues that require paperwork (ie. education plan or transcript evaluation), can be addressed during a 30 minute appointment.
- Available Monday - Thursday, 8:00am-6:30pm and Friday 8:00am-4:00pm.
- The counselor will contact you at the phone number on file at your scheduled appointment time. Please make sure your contact information is up to date on your myGav student portal.
- Allow 5-10 minutes before or after your scheduled appointment time.
- Send us your question/concern and a counselor will respond to you via email within 48 business hours. Emails sent Friday afternoon or over the weekend will be responded to the following week (weekends and holidays are observed).
- Probation & Dismissal counseling cannot be completed via email counseling.
- IMPORTANT: Include your Gavilan ID number (unless you do not have one yet) and provide detail so the counselor is able to address all your questions/concerns.
If you are part of a Special Program, please contact your program counselor.