Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is California state-funded student support services program for students facing social, economic, and educational challenges.
If you qualify for EOPS at Gavilan College, we can provide you with a range of services and benefits, from counseling and educational planning to priority registration, university field trips, and book vouchers. We are here to help you succeed!
*** EOPS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS STARTING DECEMBER 5, 2016 ***
*** PRE-PRIORITY REGISTRATION!!! NOVEMBER 28th and 29th!
- Early registration
- On-site textbook lending library
- Transfer assistance
- Career development
- Student success workshops
- University field trips
- Book vouchers
- EOPS Club
- 10/6 - 11/18 - Progress Reports are DUE
- 10/1 - Apply for FAFSA or DREAM 2017/2018 application
- 10/25 - 10/26 - Flu Clinic Rm HOB 102
- 10/27 - Halloween Party Spooktacular
- 10/28 - University Visit to UC Merced
- 11/3 - Event: College Transfer Day!
- 10/25 - Time Management
EOPS New Student Checklist
Apply to EOPS
Make an Appointment
Schedule an appointment to meet with EOPS staff. They will help determine if you are eligible for services and if there is space available.
To be eligible for EOPS services, students must qualify as both economically and educationally disadvantaged by the following criteria:
EOPS Income Criteria:
Add $6,240 for each additional family member.
Education Criteria (students must satisfy ONE of following criteria):
Note: Students must be enrolled in 12 units or qualify for a special unit contract.
Other Student Support Programs and Services
- If you are a single parent and eligible for EOPS, you may qualify for additional benefits and services through the Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE).
- If you are a current or former foster youth, you may qualify for Foster Youth Services.
- If your family is on public assistance, you may qualify for CalWORKS.