Come to Gavilan's Pathways FIG! There are only a few more times we meet this semester. Come when you can, stay as long as you are able.
Thursday: May 18 from 12:30 - 2:00 in LI 100, outside the Library across from the Humanities building.
On Thursday, May 4th from 12:30 - 2:00 in LI 100, Career Ladders will once again be here. Come hear what they have to say! We will meet in LI 100.
For too many community college students, reaching completion goals is often a “dream deferred.” They face a bewildering number of choices and often take courses they don’t need, resulting in an average of five or more years spent reaching transfer-readiness, or debt accrued and no degree or certificate earned. To remedy this problem, more colleges are restructuring their programs into guided pathways.
Pathway Design Principles:
- Ensure students know requirements for success
- Minimize time required to prepare for college
- Accelerate entry into coherent programs of study
- Customize and contextualize instruction
- Integrate student supports with instruction
- Leverage technology to improve learning and program delivery
- Continually monitor student progress and provide proactive guidance
- Reward behaviors that contribute to completion
Student Success Scorecard
The California Community College Chancellor’s Office provides this resource for colleges to access recent student success data.