Summer Workshops - August 17 and 18!
The California Community College Chancellor's Office has recently released the Vision for Success: Strengthening the California Community Colleges to Meet California’s Needs, which emphasizes a "commitment [to]the Guided Pathways initiative, a five-year, $150-million project aimed at engaging administrators, faculty and staff to enact comprehensive changes so that all courses are designed as part of a coherent pathway with a clear outcome"
For too many community college students, reaching completion goals is often a “dream deferred.” They face a bewildering number of choices and often take courses they don’t need, resulting in an average of five or more years spent reaching transfer-readiness, or debt accrued and no degree or certificate earned. To remedy this problem, more colleges are restructuring their programs into guided pathways.
Pathway Design Principles:
- Ensure students know requirements for success
- Minimize time required to prepare for college
- Accelerate entry into coherent programs of study
- Customize and contextualize instruction
- Integrate student supports with instruction
- Leverage technology to improve learning and program delivery
- Continually monitor student progress and provide proactive guidance
- Reward behaviors that contribute to completion
Student Success Scorecard
The California Community College Chancellor’s Office provides this resource for colleges to access recent student success data.