CARE for Single Parents
Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) is a unique educational program which represents a cooperative effort between the community college and the Department of Social Services to assist single parents to achieve educational goals and to break the welfare dependency cycle.
If you are a single parent interested in developing new educational skills, the Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE), can help you nurture your appetite for achievements and a better life style. The CARE program helps single parents receiving cash aid assistance, receive the support and advisement necessary to explore their interests and move forward. CARE will bring you together with a group of students who are facing many of the same challenges as you are. By combining our energies, we can help you to become successful.
- Counseling and advisement
- Assistance with admission and financial aid applications.
- Childcare assistance
- Books and supplies
- Bus passes and parking permits
- Automotive repair
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR CARE:
- Eligible for EOPS
- Minimum age of 18 years or older
- Single Parent/Grandparent, Head of household (one parent household)
- Recipient of CalWORKs/TANF/AFDC
- Have one child under 14 years of age