Fresh Success is an employment and training program serving students living in Santa Clara or San Benito County, and are receiving or eligible to receive CalFresh (SNAP) benefits. Fresh Success serves a variety of students, including but not limited to those that are timed out of CalWORKs, low-income, Latinos, former Foster Youth, out of state and students that are half-time or less than half-time.
Services to eligible students may include:
- Textbook vouchers
- Gas cards or bus tokens
- PG&E assistance
- Vehicle repair assistance
- Rental assistance for up to one month’s rent
- Academic counseling
- Parking Permit
- Laptop loan
- Job readiness assistance
- Student support workshops
- Required supplies and tools
- Partial payment towards Community Education approved courses
Minimum eligibility requirements include:
- Live in Santa Clara/San Benito County
- Are receiving or are eligible to receive CalFresh benefits - Apply for CalFresh Benefits here
- Are enrolled or planning to enroll at Gavilan College in approved majors/courses.
- Meet with Fresh Success staff for a full assessment to determine eligibility.