Fresh Success is a voluntary employment and training program serving students living in Santa Clara or San Benito County, and are receiving or eligible to receive CalFresh (SNAP) benefits. Fresh Success serves a variety of students, including but not limited to those that are timed out of CalWORKs, low-income, Latinos, former Foster Youth, out of state and students that are half-time or less than half-time.
If you are interested in learning more about the Fresh Success program or believe you are eligible, click the button below.
For more information on Gavilan College Community Education courses, please visit https://gavilan.augusoft.net.
Fresh Success Services to eligible students may include:
- Textbook voucher (for all required text)
- Gas cards or bus tokens*
- PG&E assistance (up tp $250)
- Vehicle repair assistance (up tp $250)*
- Technology Assistance (up to $200/term)
- Rental assistance (up to one month’s rent)
- Academic counseling
- Parking Permit*
- Job readiness assistance
- Student support workshops
- Required supplies and tools (as funding allows)
- Partial payment towards Community Education approved courses
*Please note during COVID-19, these services are limited to students who attend in person classes on campus.
Minimum eligibility requirements include:
- Live in Santa Clara/San Benito County
- Are receiving or are eligible to receive CalFresh benefits - Apply for CalFresh Benefits here
- Are enrolled or planning to enroll at Gavilan College in approved majors/courses.
- Meet with Fresh Success staff for a full assessment to determine eligibility.
Fresh Success is funded in part by the United States Department of Agriculture.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.
For more information contact Olga Olvera
5055 Santa Teresa Blvd. Gilroy, CA 95020 in LI135.
(Located near the pantry)
OFFICE PH#: (408) 852-2838
TEMPORARY PH#: (408) 461-8421