Registration Dates & How to Prepare
Winter and Spring 2022 Registration
Your Spring 2022 registration date is now posted to your MyGav portal in the Student Checklist.
Registration for the Winter and Spring 2022 term classes will begin Thursday November 18, 2021 at 8:00am. Please review the Winter/Spring 2022 Priority Registration Calendar to determine your registration priority level and date. In order to qualify for priority registration you must have completed the following:
- Online Orientation on your MyGav account
- Education Plan on MyDegreeWorks outlining the requirements for graduation by Tuesday November 16th. Having an education plan is not required for open registration starting November 30th, but we highly encourage you to develop one with a counselor.
Before you can register for in-person classes or seek in-person services on campus you must submit COVID-19 Vaccination documents to the college through the Health Services Portal located in your MyGav Portal. Final deadline is January 5.
- Check you vaccination status at https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/
- Submit your COVID-19 vaccination documents through the Health Services Portal located in your MyGav portal or go to https://gavilan.studenthealthportal.com/
- Follow the Step-by-Step Guide for instructions on submitting your COVID-19 record.
- For more information regarding the COVID-19 vaccination mandate including forms and frequently asked questions, please visit the COVID Resources and Information page.
If you do not have an updated education plan on file, we encourage you to meet with a counselor as soon as possible. To schedule a counseling appointment, go to the Counseling Homepage or call Esther Castaneda 408-852-2895 or Grace Cardinalli 408-848-4738. If you are part of a Special Program, contact your program counselor.
To prepare for your appointment, please:
- Declare a Major (Educational Goal)
- Select your General Education Pattern
- Review Instructions for Selecting a GE Pattern
- Complete one of the following GE Worksheets and have it available during your appointment: (Open worksheet from a PC/Laptop)
- IGETC (For Transfer-bound students who are planning to attend a University of California (UC), private, or out of state campus OR who are undecided about transfer institution OR who are considering applying to both UC and CSU campuses.
- CSU GE Breadth (For transfer-bounds students who plan to attend a California State University CSU)
- Gavilan GE (For students who plan to receive an AA/AS only and do not plan to transfer to a four-year institution)
We look forward to seeing you soon!