Accessible Education Center
AEC/WA3/VRC Appointment Request FormIf you need to schedule an online or phone appointment with a counselor, complete the AEC/ WA3/ VRC Appointment Request Form. If you need to schedule an in-person appointment with a counselor, contact Lucy Fuentes at 408-848-4865 or Rosalinda Barbosa at 408-848-4767. For other questions, please email us at email@example.com. Our AEC counselors and staff are working remotely this semester, and they can be reached via e-mail. You can find our AEC faculty and staff emails on our AEC Staff Directory.
|Test Accommodations Request Form
|Alternate Media Request Form
(E-text; Braille, etc.)
|Software Loan Agreement Form
The Accessible Education Center (AEC) at Gavilan College provides programs, services and support to help students with disabilities succeed in school. We strive to equalize student educational opportunities and improve access so that every student can participate fully in all aspects of college programs and activities.
If you have a verified disability and need academic modifications or services, we are here to help you move toward your goals. Please contact us to see what we can do for you!
The AEC Mission:
Gavilan College Accessible Education Center (AEC) provides students with disabilities quality and excellence in programs, services and support which enhance the quality of community life, and the development of individual potential for a global environment.
How to Get Started with Accommodations
- Complete the AEC Application in Word or AEC Application in PDF.
- Provide current disability-related documentation. Submit the AEC Verification of Disability in Word or AEC Verification of Disability in PDF.
- Attend a AEC counseling appointment to discuss appropriate accommodations based on your disability.
- Once you receive your Academic Accommodations Plan (AAP), you must request your services through the appropriate AEC staff.
- In addition to receiving services, you are also encouraged to communicate with each of your instructors. We can help you or your instructor with any questions that may arise.
- Review our AEC Pathways handout, which includes our Educational Assistance Courses and our recommended pathways to help you succeed as a student.
The AEC Offers Many Services for Students such as:
- Alternate Media Services
- Assistive Computer Technology & Training / Computer Access Evaluation
- Deaf Services / Interpreting / Real Time or Remote Captioning
- Dedicated Counselor / Priority Registration
- AEC Counseling Services
- Learning Skills Evaluation
- Mobility Assistance / Tram Service
- Note-Taking Assistance & Support Options
- Specialized Equipment / Software Options
- Registration Assistance/Priority
- Test Accommodations - Online or in-person!
- Check out our website on information about the Kurzweil 3000 Software for All Students!
- Click on the Transition to College for Students with Disabilities in English handout.
- Click on the Transition to College for Students with Disabilities in Spanish handout.
Other Gavilan Student Support Programs and Services
- Need more information, go to Gavilan College's Student Services website.
- If your family is on public assistance, you may qualify for CalWORKS.
- If you face both economic and education challenges, you may qualify for EOPS.
- If you are a current or former foster youth, you may qualify for Foster Youth Services.
Other Support Programs and Resources
- If you are a high school student and plan on attending college, check out this Transition Guide.
- Check out this Accessibility and Digital Security guide to cybersecurity for people with vision loss,
hearing loss or a disability.