The Writing Center offers free one-to-one reading, writing, and research help to all Gavilan students for any class (not just English!).
First visit? Register for an account. Returning? Log in with your MyGav credentials below.
- New Student/Instructor? Get your Gavilan ID and Password
- Forgot Password? Reset your Password by answering your security question
Help with Writing, Reading, & Critical Thinking
Visit our Study Tools & Handouts page for resources to help you with the following:
- Writing Process
- Grammar, Sentence Structure, Wording, & Punctuation
- Summary, Paraphrase, & Quotation
- MLA & APA Citation & Formatting
- Common Writing Assignments
- Critical Thinking & Reading
- Revision & Editing
The Gavilan College Writing Center serves the campus community by fostering, celebrating and encouraging writers and the varied and multiple purposes and audiences that writing serves.
The center assists writers in identifying and developing tools and strategies to meet goals for their writing both in and out of the classroom. Likewise, the center collaborates with instructors in identifying and developing best writing teaching practices across the curriculum. It offers space for exploration and reflection on a wide range of written material, promotes an appreciation for literature and literacy, and cultivates diverse writers’ voices and the communities that nurture them.