Make a Tutoring Appointment
Taking a difficult class this semester? Want to study with someone? Need help understanding an assignment? Peer Tutors and Librarians are in-person and online to help!
Make an Appointment with a Peer Tutor or Librarian: Log in or register below to make an online or in-person appointment. Once you are logged in, you can make a one-time or recurring appointment.
What can I get help with? Make an appointment to get help with any of the following:
- Book a Librarian: Get help with research assignments, checking out library materials, and navigating the library databases.
- Writing Center: Work with a Writing Center tutor one-on-one to get help with any reading, writing, or research assignment for any class.
- STEM Center and Math Lab: Get help with learning concepts, practicing skills, and solving problems for your math and science classes.
- Tutoring Center: Get help with learning concepts, practicing skills, and studying for many of your classes, including history, psychology, and more.
First visit? Register for an account. Returning? Log in with your MyGav credentials below.
- New Student/Instructor? Get your Gavilan ID and Password
- Forgot Password? Reset your Password by answering your security question
Writing, Reading, & Research Help
In-Person: Drop into the Writing Center (Library building, LI 168) to get immediate help with any reading, writing, or research assignment for any class.
Online: Make an appointment to work with a Writing Center peer tutor in person or over Zoom. You can submit your paper or assignment in advance or bring it with you to the appointment.
Technology & Online Learning SupportTutors are available to help you use technology and learn online. Make an appointment at the Tutoring and Writing Centers and select "Technology Support" to get help with the following:
- Using a computer (Windows, Chrome, or Apple/Mac)
- iLearn, MyGav, & Gavilan student email
- Connecting to the internet/using a mi-fi
- Applications and programs (e.g. Zoom, Google Drive,
- Microsoft Office)
- Tips & tricks for succeeding in online classes
- And more...!
STEM Center & Math Lab
Make an online appointment, or click the images below to learn more:
NetTutor is meant to be utilized in the absence or closure of Gavilan College tutoring services. Please prioritize and use Gavilan College tutoring services as your first choice. Remember that your instructor is still the best resource for questions and help!
Due to limited hours, each student is allotted 15 hours per semester for NetTutor services. If you run out of hours and would like to submit a request for more, please email email@example.com. Additional hours are not guaranteed and will depend on the campus’ total usage of hours.
Exhausting your NetTutor hours due to misuse or abuse of the service may result in limited or loss of access to services for the semester. This includes repeated submissions of the same essay (not waiting for responses or submitting for every area of interest), exclusively using question submissions, utilizing NetTutor services for classes you are not taking at Gavilan, or other patterns deemed to circumvent deep learning. If you have any questions about these policies or using NetTutor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for Logging Into NetTutor
To access after-hours tutoring for classes that you are taking at Gavilan, follow these instructions:
- Log into iLearn.
- Click on your class. You'll find NetTutor listed in the navigation pane. If you don't see it, ask your instructor if they make NetTutor available for your class.