Make a Tutoring Appointment
Taking a difficult class this semester? Want to study with someone? Need help understanding an assignment? Peer Tutors and Librarians are in-person and online to help!
Make an Appointment with a Peer Tutor or Librarian: Log in or register below to make an online or in-person appointment. Once you are logged in, you can make a one-time or recurring appointment.
What can I get help with? Make an appointment to get help with any of the following:
- Book a Librarian: Get help with research assignments, checking out library materials, and navigating the library databases.
- Writing Center: Work with a Writing Center tutor one-on-one to get help with any reading, writing, or research assignment for any class.
- STEM Center and Math Lab: Get help with learning concepts, practicing skills, and solving problems for your math and science classes.
- Tutoring Center: Get help with learning concepts, practicing skills, and studying for many of your classes, including history, psychology, and more.
First visit? Register for an account. Returning? Log in below.
Writing, Reading, & Research Help
In-Person: Drop into the Writing Center (Library building, LI 168) to get immediate help with any reading, writing, or research assignment for any class.
Online: Make an appointment to work with a Writing Center peer tutor in-person or over Zoom. You can submit your paper or assignment in advance or bring it with you to the appointment.
Technology & Online Learning SupportTutors are available to help you use technology and learn online. Make an appointment and select "Technology Support" to get help with the following:
- Using a computer (Windows, Chrome, or Apple/Mac)
- iLearn, MyGav, & Gavilan student email
- Connecting to the internet/using a mi-fi
- Applications and programs (e.g. Zoom, Google Drive,
- Microsoft Office)
- Tips & tricks for succeeding in online classes
- And more...!
STEM Center & Math Lab
Make an online appointment, or click the images below to learn more:
- access to 24/7 after-hours tutoring
- To access NetTutor, log into the "Student" tab in MyGav, and then scroll down to select "Free Online Tutoring."
Ask a Librarian
Visit the reference desk in the library or make an appointment to meet with a librarian online: Book a Librarian. Visit the library's website to learn more: Library Services.