Faculty Professional Learning Committee
The Faculty Professional Learning Committee is a standing committee of the Academic Senate. The purpose of this organization shall be:
- To review and approve professional growth activities submitted by the faculty for salary track advancement and career increments.
- To review and approve flex contracts, co-curricular, and individual professional development plans.
- To review and approve applications for travel and conference funds.
- To design forms and questionnaires for faculty evaluation, in cooperation with the administration.
- To design application forms for track advancement, career increments, flex contracts, co-curricular activities, and individual professional development plans.
- To assist in presenting programs which serve to improve the quality of education and innovative instruction at Gavilan College.
- To review and set priorities for budget support of professional growth activities.
- To review and prioritize sabbatical leave applications.
- To advise the administration on new faculty orientation and faculty-peer mentoring.