Are you a STEM major or interested in becoming one?
Gavilan College offers two specialized STEM counselors who will ensure the support of achieving your academic goals in your STEM field of study.
Students who utilize our STEM counselors gain the benefit of "being in the know" and are included in email newsletters of internship opportunities, STEM workshops, and conferences and other networking opportunities.
Be sure to book an appointment with a specialized STEM counselor
Location and Contact Information
- Contact us via Email:
- Vania Parakati: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Flores: email@example.com
- Locations in the Mathematics Building:
- Vania Parakati: LS 114
- Elizabeth Flores: MA 111
Book an Appointment Here
How Do Appointments Work?
In general, STEM Counselors see students based on last name
Last names A - M
- Meets with Vania Parakati - STEM Counselor
- In-Person: Mondays and Tuesdays from 8 AM to 2 PM
- Thursday, 8 AM - 2 PM
Last names N - Z and MESA
- Meets with Elizabeth Flores (bilingual) - STEM and MESA Counselor
- In-Person: Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 9 AM to 1 PM,
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 AM to 5 PM
- Remote: Mondays and Thursdays 5 PM - 7 PM
Be sure that your phone number is updated on your MyGav student portal in Self Service Banner.