Gavilan community college is committed to providing a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all guests. We are committed to exceeding our guests’ expectations and providing the highest level of customer service. To help us fulfill this commitment, we ask you to join us in making your graduate’s experience the happiest, memorable experience possible.
Please understand that there is expected, appropriate behavior during the commencement ceremony. As the graduate procession enters into the venue, guests are not to stand/jump in front of the processional line to take pictures/videos, etc. Doing so may result in removal from the venue.
- Guests shall be respectful of all other guests, college security and staff, and college property.
- Guests shall not act in a disruptive manner and shall not interfere with other guests’ enjoyment of the event.
- Accessible guest seating is available on a first-come basis.
- No saving of rows of seats is allowed.
- Late arrivals (as procession is occurring) must wait to enter the venue until the procession has completed and all graduates, faculty and stage members are seated.
- Guests are not permitted in the graduate seating area at any time.
- Guests are to remain seated during the ceremony –standing on chairs is not permitted at any time.
- Guests must remain seated while photographing and videotaping - tripods, monopods, standing at the stage is not permitted.
- Guests shall smoke only in designated areas.
- Guests shall refrain from using offensive language, making obscene gestures, throwing objects, and possessing prohibited or illegal items.
- Guests will keep children with them at all times. Security may be called for unattended children on campus.
- Guests shall comply with the directions of college security and staff.
Prohibited itemsThe following items shall not be permitted into the venue.
- Balloons/balloon bouquets
- strollers, car seats, or baby carriers of any kind (a stroller parking area will be available at the entrance of the venue)
- air horns and noisemakers
- alcoholic beverages or narcotics
- firearms/weapons of any kind
- beach balls
- non-service animals (assistance animals are not considered service animals)
Gavilan College reserves the right to prohibit or require removal of any items at their sole and absolute discretion. Conduct deemed by Gavilan College to be inappropriate to the peace and good order of events, or which may adversely affect the safety of persons or property, will be immediately addressed by our security and/or staff. Guests are responsible for their conduct in accordance with Gavilan College’s code of conduct. Guests violating Gavilan College’s code of conduct will be subject to removal.
Guests are to remain seated. Guests not observing this policy may risk removal from the venue.
Information on this page will be updated bi-weekly beginning April 3rd so check back for updates. Please contact Grace Cardinalli at email@example.com with any questions.