Education Master Plan
During the academic year 2016-2017 the Cambridge West Partnership, LLC (CWP) was invited to assist the College in developing a new Educational Master Plan (EMP). The purpose of the EMP is to explore the ways in which the College's curriculum options might be optimized to match labor market needs, increase transfer opportunities, and align with community educational needs/interests. A second purpose of the EMP is to provide a projection of future attendance that can be used in the Facilities Master Plan to determine the amount and type of space that will be needed to accommodate the future academic program of instruction and support services. The Facilities Master Plan will cast the projected space need into a sequenced building and facility program that addresses the primary elements of site development and facilities planning through the year 2030.
Deliverables of the Plan
This Plan will deliver the following:
- Describe environmental factors that impact the future of the College.
- Provide a description and projection of economy and demographics of individuals living in the District service area.
- Identify occupations with projected openings into the future.
- Describe faculty visions for future curriculum and student services visions for anticipated future services.
- Identify general opportunities for instructional program development.
- Evaluate the mix of programs vs. labor market and transfer opportunities.
- Provide a projection of future weekly student contact hours by discipline.
Continue reading the Gavilan College Educational Master Plan