Computer Science Club
Welcome to the Gavilan College Computer Science Club Page!
The purpose of our club is to help you excel beyond the classroom. Our goals are to:
- Network, learn from each other, work in a team, and create software together.
- Improve our computer and soft skills.
- Learn about and play with new technologies.
- Attend Hackathons, Software/Game/App Development Conferences, and Cybersecurity events.
- Meet potential employers for internships and jobs, that will start your career...
- ...and help you attain six figure salaries within the field of Computer Science!
- Win free money. Two of the Three $500 GCFA 2017 Scholarships were awarded to our CS Club Members! ;)
All are welcome!
(CSUMB Hackathon November 2016)
Schedule of Workshops
List of Workshops for the Spring 2017 semester:
- There will be a new topic/workshop every week
- There are currently several ongoing student projects (arduino, vr), which you can help put together.
- 11/10/2016: UNIX commands , LINUX presentation , bash presentation
- 11/17/2016: GitHub
- 12/8/2016: SQL/PHP...we will be using sqlfiddle
- 4/20/2017: Reverse Engineer (Assembly) a Nintendo GameBoy
- 10/14/2017: GitHub
Club Day 2016
Fundraiser March 2017
CSUMB Hackathon , Monterey, November 2016
HerHacks, Salinas, April 2017
Gavilan CS Club @ SiliconHacks, Fremont, May 2017
Project 1, Heart Rate App
Project 2 ( Winner $250, Jeron Wong)
The $1200 Drone that our CS Club President won at a Hackathon:
Jonathan Rinfret - Club Co-Founder and President
Jesus Salas - Club Vice Pesident
Chris Estes - Club Project Manager
Isais Zaldivar - Club Secretary
Marisol Arredondo - Club Treasurer
Alexandria Davis - Club Web Content Manager
Marques Reimann - (Co-Founder and Former President)
Rebecca Kinman - ASGC VP of Technology
View our work on github at GavilanCSClub!
Have a question? Email us at GavCSClub@gmail.com