|Location:||Student Center, SC 118, near counseling|
|Telephone:||(408) 848-4791 (voice mail is available)|
(by appointment only)
|Monday through Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
|*** Hours are subject to change depending on student's needs ***|
- Health education information
- First aid
- Over-the-counter medication
- Access to low-cost health insurance
- Confidential health counseling and assistance with health problems
- TB (tuberculin) skin testing
- Birth control information, condoms
- Referrals to health professionals and HIV testing sites
- Health screenings, e.g. blood pressure
- Health education presentations, information
Adult students enrolled at Gavilan College for credit classes are eligible to participate in the Health Services program. Health Services is supported by health fees charged to students at registration. There is no additional charge for these services. The cost of treatment at other facilities is the student's responsibility.
Student Accident Insurance Policy
In addition to the services provided by Student Health, your health fee includes an accident insurance coverage for you while you are attending credit classes or participating in authorized, and supervised college sponsored activities.
This is a secondary insurance. This means that you must submit any claims to your private insurance before this policy applies. If you sustain an injury which you think may be covered, you have the responsibility to immediately report the incident to the supervising college employee and then contact Health Services within 24 hours.
Exemptions for Health Fees
Pursuant to Education Code §76355 (c) the following categories of students are exempted from the health fee required pursuant to subdivision (a):
- Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings of a bona fide religious sect, denomination or organization.
- Students who are attending a community college under an approved apprenticeship training program.
Students wishing to seek exemptions should visit the Admissions and Records Office.