Covid19 Resources and Information
Gavilan College status:
- Fall semester begins August 24.
- Fall 2020 classes, services, and activities will be offered primarily online, except for those programs where licensing requirements or the nature of the material require face-to-face instruction.
- When face-to-face instruction takes place, it will be in accordance with appropriate practices for sanitizing and social distancing in accordance with public health guidelines.
- If classes have a synchronous component, that is, required online meetings at a specific day and time, these will be listed in the Fall schedule of classes so students may plan accordingly.
- All services are being provided in an online format.
- The Graduation ceremony for the class of 2020 will be delayed -- tentatively scheduled as a series of smaller events during the timeframe December 19 - 21, 2020.
- We will follow the direction of the CDC, California Department of Public Health, and Chancellor's Office in determining when to resume in-person operations.
- It is important to check your college email and the website daily during this time.
- Enter through the South Gate. There is no drop-in access to the campus - you must have an appointment
- Do not come to campus if you have a fever or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands frequently
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others
Gavilan College has had 1 confirmed case of COVID-19 in an individual who was present on campus:
This message was sent to the college community on June 9, 2020:
"An individual who was present on campus during the past week has tested positive for COVID-19. I realize that this news may cause concerns and raise questions. Please know that we take our obligation to appropriately balance privacy and community safety interests very seriously, which is why I am only able to share limited information.
We are following best practices to respond to the situation based on guidance from local health officials and other public health authorities. We are directly contacting those who may have been exposed due to their presence in the same location or activity with the individual affected. We are providing them with information on COVID-19 testing and what they need to do next. Potentially affected areas on campus will be deep-cleaned and sanitized."