Congratulations to the Gavilan College Class of 2017
Friday, May 26, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
Bud and Jean Ottmar Memorial Gymnasium (the main gymnasium) (tickets required)
Non-ticketed guests may watch the Livestream on campus in the Music Hall
Important dates and information for you to note as graduation approaches:
May 2 - May 4
Check the spelling of your name on the graduation list in the Admissions Office/Welcome Center so it will be printed correctly in the graduation program and on your diploma. Any correction needs to be made before 8 p on May 4th. No changes are allowed to the graduation program after that time. Any changes to the diploma after issuance may incur a charge. Questions? Call 408 848-4737. If you need special accommodations (for a wheelchair, for example) at the ceremony, please let us know at this time or call 408 848-4738.
May 15 - May 26
Purchase a cap and gown at the college bookstore. The cost for the Package is $40 + tax (includes: cap, gown & tassel). Cap only $7 + tax, tassel only $5.25 + tax. Remember, you must wear a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony.
May 15 - May 25
Pick up your 3 tickets for graduation at the college bookstore. Tickets will only be issued to students participating in the ceremony. Tickets are free, however each of your guests (children 2 and up) must have a ticket in order to attend the ceremony in the gym. Please email email@example.com for information about the extra ticket waitlist. The gym will fill up FAST! Ticketed overflow seating will be made available in the Adaptive Gymnasium adjacent to the main gym. Friday, May 26 - Graduation Day Schedule: 3:30p – 4:45p Individual & Group Photos
• Photographer will meet the graduates at theatre courtyard for group and individual photos. Remember you must wear your cap and gown for any of the photos. A link to the photographers website to review portraits will be sent to all graduates for viewing within 2 – 3 weeks.
• A reception, hosted by the Associated Students of Gavilan College (ASGC) for our graduates, will be held in front of the Theatre prior to the ceremony from 3:30 – 5:30pm. Please join us there. 5:15 pm – Pick up Name Card/Graduation Lineup Meet at the courtyard in front of the theatre to obtain your name card, instructions and to line up according to major before marching with the Board of Trustees and faculty to the gym. 5:45 pm – Procession to the gym
Helpful Information for Guests
The graduation ceremony will be held in the gym on Friday, May 26 at 6:00 pm and will last approximately 2 hours. The gym is NOT air conditioned, so please dress accordingly.
• Doors to the gymnasium will open at 4:45pm. The gymnasium will fill up FAST!! Once the gym has filled, guest will be shown to the overflow seating in the APE Gymnasium (adjacent to main gym). Guests without tickets may watch a live stream of the ceremony at the Music Hall MU 100, which is just down the hill from the Theater.
• Parking Lot G has a limited amount of handicapped parking spaces are available at Parking Lot G. A tram will be available to transport guests from outlying parking areas.
• Bottled water will be available for sale but you are welcome to bring your own.
• BALLOON BOUQUETS AND STROLLERS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE GYM. Balloon bouquets and strollers must be left outside the gym. Gavilan College is not responsible for lost bouquets and/or strollers.
• NO ANIMALS (except licensed assistance animals) are permitted in the gym.