Online counseling is available to anyone with internet and email access who is a prospective or current student at Gavilan College. Although a counselor can respond to your questions you may want to first check the Frequently Asked Questions section of this web site- you may find the information you are seeking!
The Academic and the Student Services Department homepages also provide specific information regarding their programs and services. It is a good place to start if you have general questions and need quick answers.
Online Counseling can provide you with the following services:
- Information regarding Gavilan College classes, programs, and services
- Transferability of Gavilan College Courses
- General Academic Advisement
- Study Skills strategies and information
- Prerequisites, co-requisites, and course content information
- Certificate, degree, and transfer requirements
- General Education options
- Referrals to campus and community resources
- College procedures and academic policy
- Admission and registration information
The following services ARE NOT available when using online counseling:
- Transcript evaluations
- Verification of graduation, certificate, or transfer eligibility status
- Review Grades
- Educational plans
- Review placement test scores or grades
- Personal or career counseling
To obtain services that are not available online, students with a Gavilan ID and PIN are encouraged to schedule an in-person counseling appointment (book appointment online); view Location and Service hours for additional information. Personal counseling resources are available through our Crisis Intervention and Self-Help Resources page.
Please be advised that the counselor retains the right to determine whether your concerns, issues, and or questions can be adequately addressed online; if necessary, the counselor may require an in-person appointment.
When you submit a request for services, it will be reviewed by the Online Counseling Services Coordinator who will either respond directly, or forward your request to the appropriate counselor.
This website is not secured or encrypted and therefore you must agree to the Waiver Agreement prior to proceeding.