Online counseling is available to anyone with internet, webcam, or email access who is a prospective, current, or returning student at Gavilan College. It is a convenient way to connect with a counselor if visiting the campus or off-sites is not convenient. Online counseling is delivered in two ways:
- Real-time, webcam and audio interaction with a counselor. You will "Knock" on the counselor's virtual door during scheduled hours;
- 24/7 email interaction with a counselor. You can expect an email response within 2 business days.
Although a counselor can respond to your questions you may want to first check the Frequently Asked Questions section of this web site- you may find the information you are seeking!
The Academic and the Student Services Department homepages also provide specific information regarding their programs and services. It is a good place to start if you have general questions and need quick answers.
Online Counseling can provide you with the following services:
- Information regarding Gavilan College classes, programs, and services
- Transferability of Gavilan College Courses
- General Academic Advisement
- Study Skills strategies and information
- Prerequisites, co-requisites, and course content information
- Certificate, degree, and transfer requirements
- General Education options
- Referrals to campus and community resources
- College procedures and academic policy
- Admission and registration information
In addition to the above services, during a webcam and audio counseling appoinment, the following services are available:
- Transcript evaluations
- Verification of graduation, certificate, or transfer eligibility status
- Review Grades
- Educational plans
- Review placement test scores or grades
- Personal or career counseling
Students with a Gavilan ID and PIN are encouraged to schedule an in-person counseling appointment (book appointment online); view Location and Service hours for additional information. Personal counseling resources are available through our Crisis Intervention and Self-Help Resources page.
Please be advised that the counselor retains the right to determine whether your concerns, issues, and or questions can be adequately addressed online; if necessary, the counselor may require an in-person appointment.
When you submit a request for services, it will be reviewed by the Online Counseling Services Coordinator who will either respond directly, or forward your request to the appropriate counselor.
This website is not secured or encrypted and therefore you must agree to the Waiver Agreement or Informed Consent form prior to proceeding.