Important: If you haven't been enrolled for two consecutive semesters please complete a new college application BEFORE making an appointment with a counselor. In order to schedule an appointment for Gavilan's Counseling services, a G# is required. In order to obtain a G# you must apply for admission.
- You can also schedule an appointment by calling (408) 852-2895 or (408) 848-4723.
- Appointments are required for educational plans, transcript evaluation, and graduation petitions
- Check Location and Service Hours Hours for current schedule PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO COUNSELING SERVICES FROM DECEMBER 22nd - JANUARY 2nd
Need help? We are here for you!
The professional counselors at Gavilan College provide academic, career, vocational, transfer, and personal counseling. We can help you choose the right classes for your major, decide on your educational goals, find your ideal career path, transfer to a 4-year college, or work through difficult personal issues.
If you have any questions or concerns about school, work, or life—come in and talk to us!
It’s easy to meet with a counselor. We recommend making an appointment by calling our office at (408) 852-2895 or (408) 848-4723. You can also schedule a counseling appointment online by clicking here. We are located in the MP Building, directly behind Human Resources near Parking Lot A.
- Contact the Online Counselor(requires Gav ID and email)
- Submit questions online and get answers via email within 2 business days;
- Limited services available online
- Programs such as EOPS, CalWORKs, DRC, TRiO, MESA, and Athletics have counseling faculty that are located throughout the campus with different counseling hours.
- Please contact program personnel for counseling availability and appointments.