Welcome to the Counseling Department
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, all of our counseling services will be delivered remotely via phone, webcam or email.
If you are part of a Special Program, contact your program counselor.
Need to meet with one of our counselors? Please choose one of the following methods:
Please view Drop In Calendar for January for hours of operation before signing in for counseling services. If you log in outside of operating hours you will receive an email asking you to refer to the calendar and log in again during operating hours.
- Most questions/concerns that do not require paperwork can be handled on drop-in. Drop in sessions are available on designated days and times. We are closed Saturday and Sunday. If possible please be sure you have internet access as the counselor will likely ask you to log into your account during your session.
- January Drop In Calendar
- February Extended Drop In Calendar - February 1st-11th we will have extended hours. Thereafter, drop in will run Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for the remainder of the semester.
- Email counseling is available during only during drop in hours. Please check the drop-in calendar below for days and times. You can expect an email response within 2 business days.
- January Drop In Calendar - If you log in outside of operating hours you will receive an email asking you to refer to the calendar and log in again during operating hours.
30 Minute Appointment - Services will resume February 1st
More complex questions/concerns or issues that require paperwork being completed can be addressed during a 30 minute appointment.
- Available Monday - Thursday 8:00am-6:30pm and Friday 8:00am-4:00pm.
- The counselor will contact you at the phone number on file at your scheduled appointment. Please make sure your contact information is up to date on your myGav student portal. Allow 5-10 minutes before or after your scheduled appointment time. You can let the counselor know if you prefer to speak to them via phone or in real-time using Cranium Cafe.
Have additional questions? Contact the Virtual Welcome Center for help!
Need to Contact the Counseling Support Office?
Our Department is committed to assisting you. We are working hard to contact you and meet your needs in a timely manner. We appreciate your patience and look forward to meeting with you via telephone or online. Please note our offices will be closed from December 11th at 12:30 through January 11th. Happy Holidays!