Two courses are offered to meet the requirements for licensure: Scientific Skin Care and Advanced Scientific Skin Care.
The curriculum includes, but is not limited to, the study of the skin and its appendages, massage, masks and peels, use of skin care machines, product knowledge, light therapy, botanical and chemical therapy, sanitation, salon operation and Cosmetology State Board regulations. Instruction also includes client service.
Gavilan College offers a comprehensive skin care program that will meet the California Board of Cosmetology requirements for licensure. State licensing Requires 600 lab hours for the practice of Esthetics. The certificate requires additional hours.
Certificate of Completion in Esthetics
The Certificate of Completion in Esthetics requires 2 courses:
- COS 220 - Scientific Skin Care
- COS 221 - Advanced Scientific Skin Care
Each course is 16 weeks long. Students will need to complete a total of 600 hours during the two courses before applying to the State Board for their license.
- Unit Fee:$46.00 per unit plus any campus fees
- Kit Fee: $800.00 Prepaid to Esthetics dept. (Tools & Professional Product)
- Additional Supplies: $150.00 (explained in class)
- Prices subject to change. Financial Aid is available, please contact Financial Aid office to see if you qualify.
- Credit is available for Kit payment.
For More Information Call the Departmental Assistant: (408) 848-4884