Career & Transfer Center
Need Help with your University of California application?
Tuesday, November 21st from 10am - 1pm
10am - 12pm drop-in - application help
12pm - 1pm application presentation/workshop
(includes a live application demo)
Karl S. Pister Leadership Opportunity Program
University of California, Santa Cruz Prestigious $20,000 scholarship to attend UCSC.The University of California, Santa Cruz, has a strong commitment to the future ofCalifornia. The Karl S. Pister Leadership Opportunity Program has been established to enable community college transfer students to complete their undergraduate studies at UC Santa Cruz. The scholarship is for junior-level UC transfer-eligible students. Download 2018-1019 Student Application here
Need Help with your UC/CSU application. Come by the Career/ Transfer Center on Nov.29 and Nov. 30 from 10am to 4:00pm
- Transfer Student Checklist: As you begin your transfer planning, be sure to remain engaged in the entire application process. Missing deadlines could jeopardize your admission. Download it and use it!
- 2nd Annual California Community College Transfer Guarantee to HBCUs Caravan is Coming to a California Community College Near You! Download dates and location here!
- CSU Application Checklist. Download it and use it!
- University of California Transfer Pathways: Your roadmap to 21 top majors
- If you're starting out at a California community college and know which major you want to study but haven't decided which UC campuses to apply to, there is a simple way to keep your options open as you prepare for your major. Follow one of UC's Transfer Pathways, a single set of courses you can take to prepare for your major on any of UC's nine undergraduate campuses.
- CSUFullerton scholarship for Dreamers who will be enrolled full-time at CSUF in 2017-2018 academic year. Click here for application information
- The CSU System is switching from CSU Mentor to Calstate.edu/apply in 2017-2018
- Check out the newly launched Undocumented Students (AB 540) web page containing information and resources for undocumented students
County of Santa Clara Government Fellowship Program Call for applications November 15 - December 29, 2017
Beginning Novemebr 15th applications will be available at www.sccgov.org/fellows
Where will you go from here?
The Career & Transfer Center is here to help guide and support you on your journey beyond Gavilan College, whether that means starting a new career or transferring to a four-year college or university. We provide a wide range of services, resources, and workshops to help you explore all the different options that are available to you. Click here to get started exploring: https://www.studentlingo.com/gavilan
The Career & Transfer Center is located just off the Library Courtyard, in LI 139. We invite you to come by and see what we can do for you!
Career Services for Students
- Career Assessments
- Students will be referred to Counseling services for Individual Career Guidance.
- Resource Library
- Employment Information
- Career Development Workshops
- Career/Job Fairs
Visit Career / Transfer Center to create an account with EUREKA ( Career Assessment). See Career / Transfer Specialist, Jacquelyn Richburg, firstname.lastname@example.org for information. Click here to download Eureka schedule.
- Complete the self assessments to identify your interest area and matching occupations.
- Explore career information in your interest areas.
- Explore educational programs and career information in your interest areas.
Transfer Services for Students
- Individual Assistance
- Visits from University Representatives
- Transfer Preparation Workshops
- Transfer Fairs
- Resource Library
- Transfer Website and Internet Resources
- Campus Visits
- University Transfer
- University/College Application Assistance
If you represent a college or university, please see our Transfer Services for Colleges and Universities page.
Career/ Transfer Center Calendar of Events
Other Student Support Programs and Services
- If your family is on public assistance, you may qualify for CalWORKS.
- If you face both economic and education challenges, you may qualify for EOPS.
- If you are a current or former foster youth, you may qualify for Foster Youth Services.
GradGuru tells you about every deadline you need for Financial Aid, Registration, Counseling, Transfer and more. The app will send you free push notifications and free reminders for EVERY upcoming college deadline. You DON'T have to constantly check the app to keep your deadlines straight.
Download the GradGuru app: