Welcome to the Puente Program at Gavilan College
the Bridge to Success!
Puente provides three areas of service to students: teaching, counseling, and mentoring.
Gavilan College Puente Program is part of the statewide Puente Project and co-sponsored by the University of California, Office of the President.
- Succeed academically
- Are recognized as leaders and scholars
- Graduate from four-year colleges and universities
- Belong to a statewide network of leaders and professionals
Puente serves students in 56 community college sites and 59 programs and 36 high school sites.
- Puente achieves notable success in fostering student persistence in college. More than eight in ten, or 86%, of Puente participants maintain enrollment continuity in college for one academic year.
- Puente community college students are as apt to attain undergraduate degrees as students of ethnic groups with well established patterns of academic achievement at both the UC and CSU systems. On average, 75% of Puente transfers to the state's public four-year institutions graduate within four years.
Follow the California Puente news at http://www.puente.net/news_pg.html