Free Smart Start Enrollment Events
Get help with Applying, Financial Aid, Counseling Services, and FREE food!
Llame a este número para asistencia inmediata (408) 848-4800 ext. 5108.
lunes - jueves: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
viernes: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Click on a Smart Start Enrollment event date below to sign up
Gilroy Campus - 5055 Santa Teresa Blvd. Gilroy, CA 95020
These 3 events will be held in the Business Building (BU on the map). Please park in the west end of parking lot A.
For immediate help, call the Welcome Center at (408) 848-4800 ext. 5108.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
What Are Smart Start Enrollment Events?
Smart Start Enrollment events are designed to assist you with the enrollment steps at Gavilan College! College staff, peer mentors and counselors will be available on-site to walk you through:
- Applying for Admission: Get assistance with creating an account on CCC Apply and completing your application for admissions. You'll report your high school GPA, highest level of Math and English courses you've completed and grades earned in those courses. Be sure to bring your Social Security number if you have one.
- Opening Your MyGav Account: Assistance with creating a password for your student account. If you did not include a Social Security Number on your application, Admissions and Records staff will assist you with logging in for the first time. Be sure to bring your Social Security number if you have one.
- Applying for Financial Aid: Knowledgeable staff will be available to walk you through the online FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or CADAA (California Dream Act Application). Bring income taxes (tax year 2020), along with any W-2 Forms.
- Uploading Your COVID-19 Vaccine Documentation or Requesting an Exemption: To register for in-person classes, you must be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption. To receive in-person services, you must be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption.
- Counseling*: Assistance with registering for classes, answering questions about majors, information regarding support services. We look forward to meeting with you at our Smart Start events. To prepare to meet with a counselor, please be sure to:
- Gavilan strongly recommends visitors wear a mask for the event.
- Submit proof of COVID Vaccination or Exemption request through the Health Services Portal located in MyGav Login or through https://gavilan.studenthealthportal.com/. This is required if you want to register for in-person classes in summer/fall.
- Complete the Online Student Orientation located in your MyGav portal. Under the Student tab, look for the Orientations and Workshops icon. It takes approximately one hour to complete.
- Bring your Gavilan ID number (G00#) and Password.
- Optional: Bring your laptop if you have one.
*If you are interested in receiving accommodations through the Accessible Education Center (AEC), please bring a valid verification of eligibility for disability services such as: school documentation (504 or IEP) or medical records. If you would like an appointment with an AEC counselor at the event, please contact email@example.com.
Questions about Smart Start Days?
Please contact Stacey Porteur at firstname.lastname@example.org
Julian West at email@example.com