On Campus with One Book:
In Spring 2018 and again in Fall, we encourage all faculty to use Just Mercy or its themes in a class. For more information ideas or some best practices ideas, please contact one of us on the One Book Team.
Students - if you are not participating and want to be involved, get a hold of one of us as well!
- Scott Sandler, English: email@example.com
- Jillian Wilson, Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claire Boss, Child Development: email@example.com
- Cherise Mantia, Theater: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monica Herzi, English/ Foreign Language: email@example.com
- Martha Oral, English: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sydney LaRose, Title V Grant: email@example.com
In the Community:
- EJI – Equal Justice Initiative: Bryan Stevenson’s organization
- Racial Justice page
- Get Involved page
- The Innocence Project
- Prison Education Project: expands educational opportunities for inmates in 11 California correctional facilities. With the assistance of 700 university student and faculty volunteers, PEP has serviced approximately 4,000 inmates in these facilities since 2011.
- The Prison’s Literature Project
- Prison University Project – San Quentin; received 2015 National Humanities Medal
- Reintegration Academy – Creates a positive ‘Prison to School pipeline’ model for parolees.
- Defy Ventures - transforms the lives of business leaders and people with criminal histories through their collaboration along the entrepreneurial journey.