Accessible Education Center
Registration Process for New Students
If you need to schedule an appointment with a counselor, complete the AEC/VRC Appointment Request Form or call the Rosalinda Barbosa (408-848-4767) or Lucy Fuentes (408-713-0889) for assistance. For other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Gavilan College application to Admissions & Records office at one of the following sites:
- Gavilan Gilroy site
- Gavilan Hollister - Briggs Building
- Gavilan Morgan Hill site
- Obtain official High School transcript.
- Obtain college transcripts if you have attended other colleges.
Copy of IEP (Individualized Education Plan) and achievement and diagnostic tests if you received Special Education Services in high school.
- Obtain copy of most recent IEP.
- Obtain copies of most recent achievement and diagnostic testing, including IQ Test Scores.
- Obtain copies of any information which would explain or verify the nature of your disability, or suspected disability.
Fee Waiver and Financial Aid – Phone (408) 848-4727
- Unless you plan to pay full registration fees, you must apply for a financial aid fee waiver before scheduling a registration appointment with the AEC counselor.
- To apply for financial aid, visit the Financial Aid office to get information and forms. Return the filled out forms to the Financial Aid office.
- You will need the Board of Governors Fee Waiver Form to apply for a waiver of registration fees, and the FAFSA to apply for other types of financial aid.
- Department of Rehabilitation clients are REQUIRED to apply for financial aid before they (DOR) will authorize payment for any of your fees, or expenses such as books and travel.
- If you were denied a registration fee waiver by the Financial Aid office, you must request a form from the Financial Aid office which verifies you were denied, and bring it with you to your counseling appointment.
Appointment with AEC Counselor – Phone: (408) 848-4767
AEC Counseling appointment, bring the following:
- Copy of High School/College official transcripts.
- Copy of most recent IEP and achievement & diagnostic tests, including IQ scores.
- Copies of any information which would explain or verify the
nature of your disability. Download the AEC Verification of Disability form, and bring the signed form to your counseling appointment.
- Money (check or cash) to register.