"The wall of Humanity" credit to Theater of Hearts
Gavilan College students can enroll in General Education (GE) courses to count towards a certificate, degree and or transfer. As a Gavilan student, you can select from 3 different GE patterns. Please meet with a counselor to select the best choice that meets your academic goals:
1. Gavilan General Education: For students completing an A.A./A.S. degree at Gavilan College.
2. CSU-GE Breadth: For students completing an A.A./A.S./ADT degree at Gavilan College & to be eligible for transfer to CSUs (e.g. SJSU, CSUEB, CSUMB, etc.)
3. IGETC: For students completing an A.A./A.S./ADT degree at Gavilan College & to be eligible for transfer to CSUs & UC's (e.g. CSUMB, UCSC, UCLA, etc.)
Stay Tuned for the 2022-2023 GE Patterns!
- A.A.= Associates of Arts
- A.S.= Associate of Science
- ADT= Associate Degree for Transfer
- A course may be used to satisfy both general education and major courses, this is known as the "Double Counting Rule".
- Students who completes the CSU-GE Breadth or IGETC pattern are eligible to receive a certificate. If you are interested in a certificate, please see our Graduation page and meet with a counselor.
- Please contact a counselor if you have any questions.