Kickstart Orientation at Gavilan College is a two part process:
1. First, new students complete the Gavilan Kickstart, which provides the basic information and tools needed to get started at the college, including which classes are best to start with. The Kickstart should be completed prior to registering for first semester classes. Students must complete the Kickstart prior to meeting with a counselor for registration assistance.
2. The second part of the orientation process is completion of the New College Student Seminar (Guid 210), a short-term .5 unit class taken during the first semester of enrollment. This course provides new students with the opportunity to become familiar with Gavilan College, its programs and services, degree options, policies and expectations, and much more! Whether you plan on transferring to a four-year university or are on a career path, there are important things you need to know as you begin your college career. Those who complete orientation have an easier introduction to college and move toward their goal with more confidence and in a reasonable amount of time.
In-Person KickStart Sessions
- Wednesday, May 3rd, 3:30pm - 5:30pm, Location: Hollister Campus, Room HOL 3
- Tuesday, May 9th, 1:00pm - 3:00pm, Location: Main Campus, Room PB 19
- Monday, May 15th, 9:00am - 11:00am, Location: Main Campus, Room PB 19
- Wednesday, May 31st, 3:00pm - 5:00pm, Location: Main Campus, Room PB 19
- Tuesday, June 6th, 2:00pm - 4:00pm, Location: Main Campus, Room PB 19
- Thursday, June 8th, 9:00am - 11:00am, Location: Morgan Hill Campus, Room MHG 8
- Wednesday, June 14th, 2:00pm - 4:00pm, Location: Hollister Campus, Room HOL 3
- Thursday, June 15th, 5:00pm - 7:00pm, Location: Main Campus, Room PB 19
Please determine which session you will register for prior to clicking the registration link.
For additional assistance, please call 408-852-2895*Students must complete placement/assessment testing prior to Kickstart.
*Completion of the two part Orientation process (KickStart + New College Student Seminar) satisfies one of the three components required to qualify for Priority Registration status (Orientation, Assessment, Educational Plan).
** GECA and/or concurrently enrolled high school students do not complete a Kick Start session at this time.