JLE155: OFFICER SAFETY/FIELD TACTICS
This course focuses on officer safety tactics and skills including basic field techniques of officer safety, defensive driving, firearms, arrest and control techniques and physical fitness. The course will examine contemporary and safe techniques, legal mandates and new laws relative to each topic.
- Demonstrate tactical handgun proficiency including: a. Weapons safety; b. Target acquisition; c. Speed, accuracy and effectiveness under stress and movement conditions; d. Shot placement: loading/unloading procedures and control.
- Describe and demonstrate proper pain compliance, control holds, take down techniques and handcuffing techniques.
- Demonstrate basic marksmanship proficiency to include combat firearms training and bullís-eye qualification.
- Assess officer safety issues while making the physical arrest.
- Evaluate multiple ways to make safe and efficient vehicle stops.
- Identify different officer safety issues as they relate to on-duty, off-duty, uniformed and plain clothes.