JLE150: TRAFFIC INVESTIGATIONS
This course is designed to provide students with necessary investigative skills which will enable them to properly conduct thorough preliminary and follow-up investigations of vehicular collisions. The course is structured to augment training in vehicle accident investigation which students have already received and to provide specialized, advanced training in more sophisticated concepts and techniques of vehicle collision investigation which are applicable to follow-up investigations. This is a pass/no pass course. PREREQUISITE: POST Basic Certificate or Equivalent, Valid California Driver's License.
- Effectively manage traffic collision scenes to ensure their safety, the safety of others and protect the integrity of the collision scene.
- Identify side skid and acceleration skid marks.
- Review and discuss definitions and terminology associated with investigative forms.
- Complete accurate written reports.
- Students will list the investigative procedures of a traffic collision.