JLE112: SEXUAL ASSAULT
The course is a balance between a police officer's duties in handling sexual assault cases and being sensitive and aware of the victim's needs. Attention is given to the psychological as well as physical trauma a rape victim encounters. The legal aspects of the case will also be emphasized. This is a pass/no pass course. ADVISORY: JLE 100
- Compare and contrast the recognition, collection, and analysis of physical evidence associated with a sexual assault investigation
- Identify the crime laboratories procedures and capabilities
- Identify the Sexual Assault Laws&Courtroom Related Issues
- Describe the elements of sexual assault laws to provide officers with working knowledge crimes and defenses.
- Review related laws&discuss case facts impacting investigation and prosecution of sexual assault crimes.