GUID1: SELF ASSESSMENT
This course is designed to assist the student in learning more about personal values, personality, interests, exploration of career choice, and occupational opportunities through the use of various personal assessment instruments. The delivery options for this course also include online and self-paced formats. This course is also listed as PSYC 5. ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 260. $12 fee will be charged for career assessment materials.
- Student will describe the developmental process of career decision making.
- Student will examine and discuss the role that their self-concept plays in making effective.
- Student will identify, locate, and utilize resources available for engaging in career exploration.
- Student will examine and identify personal and work-related values, personality, interests, and skills.
- Student will integrate personal and career related information to develop an education and career plan.
- Student will explain why career decision making is considered a lifelong process.
- Student will describe how the needs and functions of society influence the nature and structure of work.
- Student will analyze and explain how internal (gender, ethnic and cultural background, personal-psychological, etc) and external factors (work situation, economic factors, etc)influence career development.