ENGL250: PRACTICAL WRITING
This course covers writing clear, correct, effective essays and learning preliminary research skills. Also listed as English 250P. PREREQUISITE: English 440 or ESL 563 with a grade of 'C' or better or satisfactory score on the English placement examination.
- Apply analytical reading strategies such as summarizing, annotating, interpreting, paraphrasing, synthesizing, and responding to texts.
- Recognize and practice specific rhetorical strategies.
- Demonstrate ability to write clear, unified essays in standard English which feature a coherent thesis, relevant supporting evidence, and control of conventions.
- Apply research techniques to produce college-level research papers..
- Write effective, well-organized impromptu essays under timed conditions.
- Recognize and practice steps in the writing process.