CMUN6: INTRO CONFLICT RES
Introduction to Conflict Resolution introduces students to conflict resolution and mediation. Integrating theory and practice, students will assess core concepts about the causes and resolution of conflict, and will practice communication skills for conflict resolution. Students will examine how ethnicity, gender, and class affect power in conflict situations. They will be able to formulate appropriate conflict resolution strategies, and will develop and practice various basic co-mediation skills. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass. This course is also listed as POLS 6 and PSYC 6. ADVISORY: English 250 and English 260.
- Compare, evaluate, and practice alternatives to violence in a variety of situations with a variety of different kinds of people.
- Identify various communication styles that exacerbate or resolve conflict.
- Identify, summarize, and address core issues for various stakeholders in real-life conflict situations.
- Explain the history of nonviolence and the theory of its most famous and successful practitioners
- Appraise the impact of various cultural differences upon the definition, recognition, management, and resolution of conflicts
- Evaluate advantages and disadvantages of various means of conflict resolution in differing scenarios, developing a personal