WTRM107: BEG WASTEWATER TRT OPS
This course covers an introduction to the operations and maintenance of a wastewater treatment facility. Topics include industry careers, certifications, advanced wastewater treatment methods, valves and equipment, as well as industry standard math formulas and conversion factors. ADVISORY: Eligible for Math 205.
- Describe how to engage in industry networking, including Acronyms throughout the Industry, Career Opportunities, State and Voluntary Certifications and their Issuing Organizations. Describe the application of basic math in Wastewater Treatment.
- Discuss the basics of Wastewater Treatment, including the Characteristics of Wastewater, Wastewater Collection Systems. and associated Basic Math.
- Define the differences between Preliminary Treatment and Primary Treatment.
- Explain critical Biological Concepts, including those associated with Pond and Lagoons.
- Discuss Secondary Treatment, Fixed Film Processes, Trickling Filters and Rotating Biological Contactors.
- Describe Secondary Treatment, Suspended Film Processes, Activated Sludge, Combined Processes and Trickling Filter Solids Contact.
- Describe the processes for the Disinfection of Wastewater, including Thickening of Sludge Solids.
- Describe the components of Sludge Digestion, including Aerobic Digestion, Anaerobic Digestion, Sludge Processing, Biosoilds Processing and Biosolids Disposal.
- Discuss Final Effluent Disposal, including Secondary and Tertiary Effluent.
- Describe the roles of Laboratory Sampling and Testing, as well as Facility and Equipment Maintenance and Safety in Wastewater Plant Operation.