KIN15: SPORTS AND SOCIETY
This course examines the role of sports in society. It will look at how sports influences and shapes the world by investigating the historical, social, economic and political impact of sports on society.
- Identify and trace the historical influences of sports on the United States and International sports programs.
- Compare and contrast social and cultural factors that influence sports across the globe.
- Discuss the effects of sports on economies around the world
- Analyze how governments and global political processes influence sports.
- Summarize sports deviance across cultures in a global society.
- Identify the role of sports in society and the factors affecting sports around the world.
- Examine and explain minority, cultural and ethnic contributions to sports in a global society.