APE35: ADAPTED SWIMMING
An individualized program of activities designed for students with physical disabilities to improve flexibility and range-of-motion, increase joint movement, improve circulation, and improve control of body movement through water adjustment and activities. May be repeated as necessary based on measurable progress as documented in the student's educational contract. This course has the option of a letter grade or pass/no pass.
- Students will demonstrate three (3) adapted swim strokes.
- Students will use five (5) aquatic exercises for a period of 20 minutes to show improved cardio conditioning.
- Students will demonstrate one (1) deep water jogging technique.
- Students will demonstrate several principles of exercise physiology during adapted swimming.
- Students will describe seven (7) anatomical terms related to basic water movement.