THEA4: ORAL INTERPRETATION
An introduction to the analysis, preparation and dramatic presentation of literature, including classical and contemporary prose, poetry and drama. Students prepare, analyze, interpret and present great works of theatre and literature for an audience. This course is also listed as CMUN 2. (C-ID: COMM 170) ADVISORY: Eligible for English 250 and English 260.
- Recognize what constitutes good literature for Oral Interpretation.
- Develop team-work skills through group exercises.
- Distinguish between various forms of literature .
- Analyze and critique literature for the purpose of interpretation.
- Research and construct individual and/or group oral presentations for various audiences.
- Edit literature using techniques that focus on unity of time, place, action, mood and character.
- Perform a variety of verbal and nonverbal skills to bring the literature to life and heighten the effectiveness of the performer's message.