Welcome New Students
Welcome to Gavilan College! We are happy you have chosen Gavilan College, where you'll find:
- Small classes and dedicated faculty whose first priority is teaching
- Gavilan College faculty are dedicated to your education, whether your classes are online, hybrid, or face-to-face.
- You will never be just a number here.
- The high-quality and respected education we provide combined with opportunities for leadership have prepared many of our graduates for elected office, success in small business, and careers in healthcare, public service, technology, and media.
- Gavilan College takes great pride in being the gateway to opportunity for students of all backgrounds.
- You have many options and we hope you will consider the power of the educational opportunities and creative innovation available at Gavilan College.
Or for more information, select the category that describes you the best:
- New to College - Have never attended any college before
- Continuing Gavilan Student - Currently enrolled at Gavilan College, and enrolling for the next semester as well
- Returning Gavilan Student - Not currently enrolled at Gavilan College, but have been enrolled in the past, and plan on enrolling for the next semester
- Current or former student at another college - have not taken classes at Gavilan, but have been or are currently enrolled in another community college, or a public or private university or college
- High School student - Currently enrolled in high school, and planning to enroll in college classes next semester, while still attending high school
- Already have a college degree - have earned an associate degree or higher from Gavilan or another college
Pell Grant - $6,495
Gavilan Promise Awards
Two-years of fee tuition for full-time, first-time students $1,380
Textbook Grants - $400
CARES Grant $1,000
Help available for Financial Aid applications in Zoom Virtual Welcome Center
Free Classes / Clases Gratis
English as a second language (ESL) / ingles coms segunda lengua
High School equivalency (GED) Preparation
Laptop computers on loan to enrolled students
WiFi Hot Spots
Counselors available for:
Academic and career planning
Connect with counselor by phone of Zoom
Go to www.gavilan.edu/counseling
Admissions and Records (669)253-6733
Financial Aid (408) 825-4305, (480) 780-4754
(408) 840-3024, (408) 782-4657
Fall Semester Begins August 23
Mental Health Services
Questions? Join Zoom, Virtual Welcome Center
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We care about answering your questions.