Hover your mouse over an event for more information and click on it if you want to sign up
- FAQ on the Canvas LMS
- Top Ten ways to increase engagement in your online class
- Lecture capture, video recording, and screencasting
- Videoconferencing with Google Hangouts
- Overview of iLearn Gradebook
- Introduction to Google Docs
- From Face to Face to Flipped classroom
- Best practices to support DRC Students
Professional Learning Opportunities
The Librarian is IN: Faculty Consultations for Library Resources
Facilitated by: Doug Achterman, Dana Young
Library resources have evolved dramatically in function and interface. These tools have strong potential to help students succeed when integrated into their instruction. These consultations offer faculty the opportunity to meet 1 on 1 or in small groups with their librarians to gain knowledge and skills in the use of Gavilan library resources such as OneSearch, Gavilan Research Guides, E-Book Collections, new databases and other learning resources. Call, email, or drop in! This activity meets the criteria for Flex credit under Chancellor's Office Guidelines for Instructional Improvement. Thanks to Santa Rosa Junior College Libraries for language and the concept for this flex opportunity.
Online Courses for Teachers
GOTT: Gavilan Online Teacher Training
The current courses available are:
- Boot Camp - Gav Teaching Online Basics. This course is now required for all online teachers at Gavilan.
- Ready Set Pack! - Migrating your web content to the new Gavilan Website. This course is for you if you will be involved in editing web content on Gavilan's web site. This course helps you to prepare for the move and identify and organize your information.
@One Webinars Archive
All you need is a computer with internet connection. Webinars are hosted on CCC Confer. Make your lunch hour productive with Desktop Webinars. Just one hour long, starting at 12 noon, Pacific time, and delivered via a Web browser and phone line. Access them here. Registration for each webinar closes the day before. Questions? contact us.
Schedule an Appointment!
Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you'd like to spend time one-on-one with an expert! We're available all day, throughout the semester. We love to help!