Student Welcome Center
Contact us three different ways:
1. Make an appointment to meet at a specific time by phone, video, or text chat.
Cynthia Matory, Peer Mentor
15-minute appointments available Monday-Thursday 9am-12pm
Amber Bell, Peer Mentor
15-minute appointments available Monday-Thursday 2pm-5pm
Ryan Shook, Student Life Coordinator
15-minute appointments available Monday-Thursday 8am-10am
2. Instant virtual meeting by following this weblink or use the Zoom ID: 4088484800
Don't have a Zoom account sign-up online using this weblink or Dial +1 669 900 6833 and enter meeting ID 4088484800.
3. Use our online text chat feature here
- Look for the Green Dot-"Online"
- Click "Knock on Door"
- Sign in as "Current Student" with Gav Id and Pin
- If you don't a have Gavilan ID or Pin, enter by clicking the orange "Guest Registration" button
The Welcome Center is here to assist all students with general information about Admissions & Records, Financial Aid, Counseling, and campus support programs and services. The center is staffed by knowledgeable Peer Mentors, and provides access to computers, printing required documents, and mentoring new and current students at Gavilan College. The peer mentors offer one-on-one support to all new to college students who need a little extra support. This support can be answering questions or providing social and academic support to easy the transition to college. To connect with a mentor and become a part of this program, email Ryan Shook here.
If you want to know more about the program and how to apply, read the latest article "Peer Mentors Build Legacy of Student Support."
Peer Mentors assist with:
- The Registration Process
- Purchasing Online Parking Pass
- Filling Applications and Forms
- Scheduling Appointments
- Setting up Gavilan Accounts
- General Campus Resources
- And More!