SUMMER BRIDGE 2018
EARN A COLLEGE CERTIFICATE and Walk in graduation within your first year at Gavilan College!
you will have the option of taking the first step to completing a certificate in Communications within your first year at Gavilan College.
The Summer Bridge Program is a six week program offered by Gavilan College in June and July. The program is designed to offer transitional support to 20-30 graduating high school students within the Gavilan College district who are preparing to enter Gavilan College as a full-time student in the Fall 2018 semester.
Once accepted into the Summer Bridge program, you will be enrolled into two courses:
- Guidance 6: This course helps prepare students with the necessary skills and knowledge needed to be successful in college and
- Communications 10: This course guides students in developing basic individual reasoning skills, insights and experiences in information sharing, interacting, decision-making, problem solving and other issues central to group processes.
Students will also be involved in additional activities that include:
- Leleadership Development Workshops
- A visit to a Four-Year University
- Summer Picnic
- Academic Excellence Workshops
June 18 - July 27, 2018
10:30 am - 4 pm, Mondays through Thursdays at the Gavilan College Main Campus
(Students must be first-generation college students & meet the Federal income eligiblity guidelines, or have a verified disability)
You can download the application here. (PDF version)
EXTENDED Application Deadline: June 4, 2018 before 4 pm.
TRIO ProgramPhone: 408-846-4968